Chicken Cashew Curry
Voted one of the best in our house, so we make big batches same as Bolognese and Chilli. Hats off to Chef John from Food Wishes for the recipe.
- 1 kg Chicken Breast, cut in large cubes, mix with have the spice blend and a little vegetable oil, marinate for a few hours.
- Vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, chopped or sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 bag coriander, remove stalks and rough chop the leaves
- 1 lime, juiced, plus extra wedges for serving
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or chilli powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons garam masala
- 150g cashews
- 750 ml water
- Blitz in food blender
In a sauté pan, heat some vegetable oil and brown the chicken pieces in batches, turning to brown both sides. Remove to a bowl. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, tomato puree and spices. Deglaze the pan initially and then cook until a fond forms. Add the chicken back to the pan. Add the chicken stock and the cashew cream, place on a low heat and let reduce. It will gradually thicken after 45 mins. Add the chopped coriander and green onion and lime juice. Serve in hot bowls with some basmati rice.